Some useful websites (Silvia Bertoni)
|Publishers specialising in Italian as a foreign language|
Magazine for teachers of Italian as a foreign language, issued every four months.
Italian language websites, materials and other activities
- www.italianoinfamiglia.it Videocourse for foreigners, based on a tv sitcom. You can also download the podcasts and the dialogues and do exercises in pdf files. (Developed by the 'Ufficio scolastico provinciale' of Brescia)
- www.bdp.it/europa/linguanet.htm Materials to learn Italian as a foreign language which are linked to the project "Ali per imparare". The course is divided in 10 modules and a teacher's guide, both downloadable in pdf format.
- www.emt.it/italiano Information on publications, audio materials etc., online courses, exams, materials for teachers, etc.
- www.bbc.co.uk/languages/italian BBC portal that offers lots of audio and video resources.
- www.cyberitalian.com Cultural information on Italy and some lessons.
- www.iluss.it Interactive tests on grammar and vocabulary, reading.
- www.chass.utoronto.ca/~ngargano/ Interactive exercises for intermediate and advanced learners: vocabulary, verbs etc. (University of Toronto)
- http://webs.racocatala.cat/llengua/it/index.html Exercises and tests (with correction) on grammar, vocabulary and culture as well as video and aural resources and games.
- www.oggi-domani.com 20 lesson with interactive exercises for English speakers.
- http://web.uvic.ca/hispanital/italian/italian100/index.htm Grammatical exercises for English speakers.
- www.oneworlditaliano.com Language course, grammar and interactive exercises, as well as a section on vocabulary and one on Italian culture.
- www.locuta.com/classroom.html Virtual Italian classroom and materials: interactive exercises on grammar, spelling, pronunciation, vocabulary, idiomatic expressions. Also a section on Italian grammar and one on games.
- www.scudit.net/mdindice.htm Texts, tests and exercises at different levels. Developed by a language school in Rome.
- http://venus.unive.it/aliasve/index.php Documents, materials and and tools to teach Italian, developed within a project led by the University of Ca' Foscari (Venice) in collaboration with the Italian Department of Education. Its primary objectives are research on Italian as a second language and the training of teachers who have foreign students in their classes.
- http://www.iprase.tn.it/en/ Italian vocabulary for young foreigner and beginners in general (developed bu IPRASE Trentino).
- www.quia.com/shared/italian/ Activities and games for Englisg-speaking learners of Italian (but not only).
- www.languageguide.org/italiano/ Illustrated audio dictionary divided in vocabulary categories.
- www.loescher.it/studiareitaliano Printable materials (grammar and grammatical exercises), a section on language exams/certificates available, a sections for teachers (lesson plans, multilingual dictionaries, legislation concerning non-national students in schools, websites, etc).
- www.puntolingua.it/esercizi_intro_ita.asp Grammatical exercises divided into three levels of difficulty.
- http://insegnoitaliano.indire.it Materials for teachers of Italian (must register to access it).
- www.conversazione.net Reading, listening, interactive exercises.
- www.elimagazines.com Games and activities.
- http://italiano.sismondi.ch/lingua Grammar, vocabulay, games etc. Developed by a secondary school in Switzerland.
- www.learn-italian.blogspot.com Activities based on audio/video clips.
- www.italica.rai.it/lingua/corso.htm Italian course on the Italian television website (RAI International), within "Italica", an interactive course of Italian for foreigners.
- www.linguanet-europa.org/plus/welcome.htm Language tests for self-assessment, learning styles, chatroom on language learning, online resources etc.
- www.educational.rai.it/ioparloitaliano/corso.htm Italian course in 40 lessons. Broadcast by RAI Educational sono online le quaranta lezioni del corso trasmesse da RAI Educational; il materiale, organizzato per area e tipologia, è scaricabile in formato compresso.
- www.pdictionary.com Italian dictionary accompanied by images.
General language websites
- www.ilovelanguages.com Catalogue of language-related Internet resources.
- www.vocabulary.com Resource to enhance vocabulary mastery and written/verbal skills.
- www.eslactivities.com Activities for English applicable to other languages.
- www.geoffpetty.com Webiste of Geoff Petty, author of the teacher training text Teaching Today: a practical guide, Nelson Thornes. For teachers of all subjects.
- www.resourceroom.net Tools, strategies, and structured explorations for Interesting Learners.
- www.toolsforeducators.com Links to websites on how to make dice, board games etc. For all teachers.
- www.teach-nology.com Resources for all teachers.
- www.proteacher.com Resources for all teachers.
- www.clcrc.com Cooperative learning: information, teaching resources, lesson plans etc.
Websites for young people
- www.gingergeneration.it Articles on fashion, music etc. for young people
- www.informagiovani-italia.com/viaggiare_in_italia.htm Website for young people on travelling in Italy.
Website for Irish post-primary students
- www.newitalianliving.com Website for secondary school students in Irish schools, developed by the Department of Italian of the National University of Ireland, Galway and the students of Fourth Year Bachelor of Commerce International (Italian).
Italian culture website
- www.italianculture.net Portal of Italian Cultural, with the support of the Italian Department of Culture.
Travel and tourism websites
- www.enit.it Website of the Italian Government Tourist Board
- www.mediasoft.it/italy Information on Italian regions.
- www.kwmappe.it Italian maps.
- http://earth.google.com/ Satellite images and street views.